If you were not successful in your application to join Team La Tour this time, please take a few minutes to look at the following guide which we have put together.
- Did your CV do you justice? Submitting a good CV is critical of course. It helps if a potential employer can see at a glance your employment history, which posts you have held and for how long. Take a look at this guide which may help: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/getajob/cvs/Pages/default.aspx
- Covering letter: make sure this is appropriate for the company you are applying for as a standard letter which you send out every time you apply for a job may make it look as if you have not paid enough attention to detail. Try to convey how appropriate any past experience is and highlight any skills which you believe are transferrable to the role you are applying for. Above all, why should we select you?
- Our jobs attract a high number of applicants: it may be that, this time, others simply had more relevant experience. Can you work on building your experience in a particular area? This may help in future.
- We prize commitment and loyalty: think about this when you look over your employment history. Are you a job hopper? You may have lots of experience but is this in many different jobs. Do you only ever stay in a job for a few months at a time? If so, would this lead a prospective employer to consider if you lack commitment? If you have a compelling reason for this, make it clear.
- Ensuring your CV is tailored to the specific role you are applying for is key. It shows that you have thought about your application, you understand the importance of keen attention to detail and it helps us to visualise you as a member of our team.
- Have you visited our hotel? Have you looked at our website? If you would like us to take an interest in you then please return the compliment by taking an interest in us!