Make the most of the sunshine with our top five (mostly free) things to do in Brum:
- They say Birmingham has more canals than Venice: you don’t need to walk them all but we do recommend a gentle stroll with your favourite people. Or seek some solitude, take your sandwich and a good book, kick back and watch the world go by. Head up to cosmopolitan Brindleyplace and then stroll along the waterway to the Mailbox.
- The Library of Birmingham is a great destination (and not just for reading). Grab a coffee, marvel at the design, check out the busy programme of events and enjoy the city views from the terraces.
- Discover the parks: Eastside City Park is the newest and a very near neighbour of Hotel La Tour. It is the city’s first new urban park for 130 years and features 310 trees, formal lawns, public squares and a canal feature running 188m and incorporating 21 jet fountains. The park also incorporates the existing Science Garden, which forms part of the neighbouring Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum.
- If walking is your thing there are plenty of great routes and knowledgeable people to help you find your way around Birmingham on Foot.
- A sunny day for almost nothing in Birmingham: more inspiration.