Did you know The Auden Rooms at Hotel La Tour was shortlisted as Best New Conference centre in the Conference Awards 2013. We’re proud to have designed one of the best conference centres in Birmingham and delighted that the judges agree!
Sales Manager Karen Ward who, together with the team has a great deal of experience in organising events, is sharing some of her top tips to help ensure your event is a success. If your question isn’t answered here, please pick up the phone and give us a call.
- Have a clear idea of what you need your event to achieve. Venues can tell a lot from the purpose of your event and can deliver an event set to your objectives.
- Does the date you’ve chosen suit everyone? Mondays and Fridays often have special rates for both accommodation and day delegates as these are considered to be the quieter days.
- Timings are extremely important: is ten minutes long enough for 100 delegates to get a coffee or is 30 minutes more realistic?
- Book well in advance, you often find good venues are booked much further in advance that you might realise
- Choose a venue that offers unlimited refreshments – this means less stress if you’re running behind on your agenda
- Communicating with the delegates before, during and after the event is one of your most important tasks. It’s better to send too much information rather than too little. Ask the venue or hotel to forward you information that you can include in a delegate pack.
- Choose a venue that has audio visual equipment built in. Staff members will be fully trained on all equipment and will be able to deal with difficulties on the day.
- Always conduct a site visit: there’s nothing like seeing the venue for yourself. It’s critical to see where you’re sending your guests to ensure it’s right for them and your objectives.
- Feedback from your delegates is important so that you can improve your next conference or event. You can then see where you went wrong and what you did right!
- Don’t forget the benefits of a dedicated events floor where your people are less likely to be distracted by leisure guests and tourists.
Karen and the team host a wide variety of events each year at The Auden Rooms, the dedicated business floor at Hotel La Tour. With two large rooms, each accommodating up to 140, five boardrooms for up to 12 delegates and a video conferencing suite, it’s a dedicated and self-contained events space. Refreshments are served throughout the day in the stylish Business Lounge and there is also an outside terrace with great views of the city. Wifi is complimentary throughout and, as you’d expect, The Auden Rooms is equipped with all the latest technology – our business hosts can help you make the best of all this to ensure you get the maximum return on your investment while you’re with us.
Contact Karen on 0121 718 8000 or email Karen.Ward@hotel-latour.co.uk – or simply ask at reception and we’d be delighted to show you round.